Email is one of the oldest forms of digital communication, yet it has managed to remain central of it and continues to grow in uptake. It is an essential tool that any digital marketer and/or brand should use in their marketing strategy. If you do it well, email marketing remains one of the most effective tools for any company to reach engaged customers.
And finding the right email service provider (ESP) plays a crucial role in your email marketing strategy…
What is an Email Service Provider?
An email service provider (ESP) or an email marketing service is a piece of software or technology that helps you create, manage, and improve email marketing campaigns.
A good email marketing service makes it easy for you to build your email list, send out newsletters, product launches, etc. by giving you the tools to do it. Having features like newsletter design tools, automation capabilities, and ways to personalize content, etc. email marketing services have everything you need to grow your business. Since ESPs enable you to schedule your marketing emails and set up an autoresponder, you can save lots of time.
Using email marketing services make it easier to create well-designed emails and allows you to see key metrics such as open rates and click-through rates. So, finding and choosing the right email service provider for your company is a crucial step toward to achieve success in marketing.
Here are our 4 suggestions for you to consider:
1- MailerLite: MailerLite is an affordable, efficient, and easy-to-use ESP which offers an email solution for businesses of all shapes and sizes. The key idea behind MailerLite is simplicity and it is one of the best available free email marketing platforms.
- MailerLite provides straightforward and user-friendly tools such as a drag & drop email editor, website builder, an intuitive subscriber management interface and email support.
- It offers 12,000 monthly email sends for up to 1,000 subscribers in the free plan. If you need more bandwidth or want more advanced features, there is also a paid plan.
- It also has a vast template library to send out targeted emails to users easily. These templates are well-designed and flexible, plus you get the most important marketing features, like landing pages, sign-up forms, autoresponders, and reports.
MailerLite includes all the essential features for email marketing, and it is a great choice for businesses looking for a simple approach that they can master in a short time.
2- AWS SES (Amazon Simple Email Service): Amazon Simple Email Service (SES) is an email platform that provides an easy, cost-effective way for you to send and receive email using your own email addresses and domains. It was developed for the internal needs of the Amazon company but is now available for users worldwide.
- With AWS SES, you can send transactional emails, marketing messages, or any other type of high-quality content to your customers.
- You can use pay as you go model of AWS SES and only pay for the services and resources you use. No upfront costs or fixed costs, the cost varies on your monthly usage of the service.
- It offers a mailbox simulator that tests how your application will handle different possible email-sending situations, such as hard bounce, an out-of-office auto response, a complaint, or a successful email acceptance.
- It also has reputation dashboard to track issues that could impact email deliverability.
- Fortunately, AWS SES email API is supported by Herogi that you can easily integrate with. As result you can orchestrate very complex email lifecycles without implementing yourself, since AWS SES just gives you pure email sending functionality.
3- SendGrid: SendGrid is a cloud-based SMTP provider that allows you to send emails without having to maintain email servers.It’s a powerful email marketing solution for companies looking for advanced automation features, deep integration, and analytics.
- SendGrid delivers your transactional and marketing emails through the world’s largest cloud-based email delivery platform.
- SendGrid targets midsize businesses that want to conduct large campaigns, If you’re planning massive email marketing campaigns with huge contact lists, it’s a product for you.
- SendGrid is known for its responsive email templates and an email API designed to promise excellent deliverability. (SendGrid email API is also supported by Herogi that you can easily integrate with.)
- Its key features include A/B testing, mailing list management, predefined templates, image library and reporting.
- SendGrid paid plans start at $19.95 per month for sending up to 50,000 emails, Free plan is also available that supports sending up to 100 emails per day.
4- Mailjet: Mailjet is a cloud-based, all-in-one ESP that allows you to send both transactional and marketing email campaigns. It is one of the best free email marketing tools due to its clean templates, generous monthly email send limits, and unlimited subscriber limits.
- The free plan from Mailjet allows you 6,000 email sends per month and an unlimited number of subscribers. (For essential plan, pricing starts at $15 per month which has no daily sending limit but a limit of 15,000 emails per month).
- It allows you to design eye catching emails with their drag-and-drop editor and monitor & optimize key analytics like open rates, bounce rates, spam hits, and more.
- Mailjet’s flexible API makes it pretty easy to integrate with to ensure your emails are integrated perfectly into your product or service – Mailjet email API is supported by Herogi!
- Mailjet has a multi-user collaboration feature, which allows both marketers and developers to work together in real-time on the same email (that we haven’t seen in other email providers.)