Almost everyone has the ability to create a website for their business. But the real hard work is, attracting meaningful traffic to your website – and it’s only the beginning. Because visits alone do not equate to a successful business. No matter how many people visit your website, if you cannot convert them into customers, the number of visitors does not matter. For this reason, you should treat every visitor to your website as a potential customer, and once they arrive, you need to engage their interest and encourage them to explore your website.
How to Convert your Website Visitors into Customers?
If you are having difficulties converting traffic to your site into leads and sales, here are 10 tips for you to use.
1. Keep your website design simple: Since many visitors leave websites immediately after they land, ensuring that your potential customers don’t leave too early is very important. From the moment someone arrives at your website, they should be able to easily find what they are looking for. Your website needs to be user-friendly; it needs to be built for users to navigate easily. Avoid overstuffing your websites and pages with too much content. Keeping your website design simple helps to improve your user’s experience.
2. Publish quality content: Creating high-quality content will help you to increase your website’s traffic and conversions. When someone visits your website, they should be able to find all the information they need about your business and your products/services easily. All the content you publish on your web site, needs to be relevant to your business. The content of your website should prove the prospects that you are an expert on your field. Instead of promoting your business on every page, use them as an opportunity to show your expertise. Create content that will help users better understand your products/services and how to solve their problems. You need to make sure everything you publish on your web site is well-written, offers value to prospects, and is completely original.
3. Increase your website speed: Since it is an important part of any website’s user experience,make sure your website loads properly and as quickly as possible. Load page times for websites have a crucial impact on whether visitors decide to stick around on your website, or bounce. People expect websites to work quickly, and they don’t have the patience to wait for these things: 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less and 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. If your website doesn’t perform well, this will look unprofessional and will build doubts about your company’s abilities.
4. Implement live chat: Regardless of what industry you’re in, live chat can help you drive sales and generate leads.Live chat software for a website is a tool that allows you to provide real-time, human assistance via a pop-up chat window. Live chat offers a great opportunity to engage with website visitors while they are on your site and having a problem directly relevant to the content that’s in front of them. It is an excellent tool for turning prospects into customers since it allows you to intervene before an undecided customer leaves. It’s loved by customers simply because whenever they have a question, it’s so easy and quick to get answers from companies via live chat in real-time. (With live chat support, the average response time is only two minutes, with an average problem resolution time of 42 seconds.) Website live chat increases customer satisfaction, helps you build trust with your potential customers and reduces cart abandonment problems.
5. Provide social proof: Social proof is a marketing strategy based on the idea that people are more likely to take a specific action if they see others doing the same thing: if they think other people are also buying your product, they’re more likely to do the same thing.
Social proof is a way to build trust with your potential customers. You need to present your web site as a credible source of information they can rely on, and you can make it possible by showing social proof on your web site. Social proofs can be client testimonials, user reviews, number of followers on social media platforms, case studies, celebrity endorsements and shoutouts from influencers, company names and logos which used your product/service etc. These would add credibility and value to your business, so the chances of converting leads are higher.
6. Provide a call to action: One of the most important things you can do to convert website visitors into customers is to have a clear call to action (CTA) on your website. You should tell every potential customer who visits your website what they need to do next before leaving.
A CTA is a marketing term for a message intended to elicit an immediate response from the audience, generally employing an imperative verb like “purchase now,” “call immediately,” “register now,” “find out more,” or “download.” Often, this can involve an exchange of information like: “Give us your email address, and we’ll send our newsletter.” or “Share your phone number, and we’ll call you back.” When your visitors are ready to convert, make it easy for them: your CTA should be prominently displayed on your website and be easy for visitors to see and understand.
7. Offer something for free: Offering a freebie could be what’s needed to give your visitors the confidence to become customers. If you are asking them to subscribe to your mailing list, sign up for an account or make a purchase on your website – you should give them a reason to. You can offer things like eBooks, free trial or download, discounts and coupons, free shipping etc. What you can offer as a freebie may vary depending on your business or the purpose of your website, just don’t forget that the freebies you give away should always be valuable.
8. Add contact forms: Forms can be used to collect information about your website visitors and encourage them to opt in to receive emails from you. You don’t want to lose someone who has visited your website, so collecting their information is crucial to keep in touch with them. Your contact form can be very simple: name, company name, phone number and email will be all you need in most cases. Whenever possible, add forms on every page on your website with high traffic.
9. Segment your website visitors: We have mentioned several ways to collect your website visitor’s information, next thing you need to do is segmenting. Since all visitors are different (in terms of language, occupation, location, devices) and they might be at different stages in the customer journey, so it would be unwise to treat everyone that comes to your website in the same way. Audience segmentation offers several benefits like better engagement, increased customer loyalty, higher conversion etc. If you don’t know how to do this, Herogi CDP (Customer Data Platform) offers a solution. We get every customer visit your brand websites we store it in your account so that you can retarget them, you can improve their lifetime journey and eventually they can benefit from your offerings. Once you include our JS code in your website, Herogi can identify these people and you can use our rich dynamic segmentation to group them into reasonable set of categories and customize their experience. We collect most of the information your company need such as first name, last name, country, time zone, gender etc. but also you can customize the information you need for your specific use cases.
10. Leverage web push notifications: In one of our previous blog posts, we talked about web push notifications. These are small message alerts that are displayed on a visitor’s desktop, tablet, or mobile device when they have their web browser open – whether the user is on the website. This always gives you direct and immediate contact with your subscribers. Opting in for web push notifications is a one-click subscription process – if a visitor clicks on “allow”, they will start to receive web push notifications. Also, web push notifications don’t require an email address or other personal information. This means you can get more subscribers in less time. Web push notifications are one of the most flexible, personalized, and effective methods to convert website traffic into sales.